Thursday, August 13, 2009

Interview with a TAG staff member - #2

As mentioned in an earlier blog posting, we asked several staff members about their experiences working on the Spit for Science project, so that blog readers can learn more about what it's like to be involved in research and science. Our second interview is with Kayla Hamel.

What are you taking in school? What year are you entering?

I am going into 3rd year at McGill University and I'm studying psychology.


What made you apply to be a research assistant for Spit for Science?

I decided to apply for a research assistant position for Spit for Science because I wanted research experience in my field of interest, psychology, and this opportunity seemed especially perfect for me because I love kids!


What is your favourite part of the job?

My favourite part of the job is interacting with children and their families and getting them excited about science!


Why are you interested in science?

I love science because I love to learn about the way things work. Science teaches us so much about the real world and how it all works!


What surprising thing have you learned about yourself so far this summer, or what new skill have you learned this summer?

This job has taught me how to work as part of a team. University teaches you how to work independently, so this job was refreshing in that we worked as a group and all made unique contributions. In the future, I will feel much more comfortable working with new people and as a team player!

No comments:

Post a Comment